Passing to Future generations.
For many established business owners, the question of what happens to your business when you retire or pass on is often a significant and sometimes stressful concern. You have worked hard to build your business and develop a network of customers, suppliers and other important business contacts.
To better prepare yourself, you may need to ask yourself:
- What is the best way to preserve this legacy?
- How will the business continue without you? Do you even want it to?
- Are there children or other family members who may want to take over? Can they afford to do this? Can you?
- Should you sell to an outside party instead? Is this even possible?
- What are the tax implications of all this?
At Belliveau Veinotte, we understand that there are many factors involved in making these decisions. We will work with you and your family to evaluate the various alternatives and develop an effective plan to allow your business to pass to future generations.
If you are a business owner who wants to ensure your business continues beyond you, you owe it to yourself- and your family to plan ahead.
We welcome you to contact us to discuss the many options available to you.