Non-residents /Foreign Income Reporting

  • non residentsHave you recently moved to Canada?
  • Are you a US or foreign citizen with ties to another country?
  • Are you a Canadian working or living abroad?
  • Do you own property or Investments outside of Canada?
  • Unsure if/how to report your foreign income in Canada?

If you answered 'yes' to any of the above questions, we can help.

Non-resident and Foreign Tax reporting rules can be extremely complex.  We have vast experience helping people who have US or foreign assets or income, as well as non-residents who own property or work in Canada.  We can help take the Canadian tax stress out of your life.

Your tax treatment in Canada depends on residency status.  Canadian Tax rules differ depending on whether you are considered a Canadian resident or Non-resident.  We can help you determine your residency status and advise you on the steps you must follow with Canada Revenue Agency to ensure you are filing your taxes correctly.

If you are a US citizen, you should also be aware that you are required to file a US tax return each year regardless of where you live and whether you have any other ties to the US or not.  The IRS and Canadian Tax Department are starting to share more and more information about their citizens and tax filers to identify those people who have not filed US tax returns.  There are significant fines and penalties for US citizens who do not file US returns.   In extreme cases you can be denied entry to the US if you have not properly filed your US taxes.

We offer US tax return preparation and advice for those who wish to bring their US tax filings up to date.

Contact us for an initial assessment on your foreign or non-resident tax affairs.






Bridgewater (Head Office)






Barrington Passage