At Belliveau Veinotte, we understand the important role that Not-for-profit and Charity groups play in maintaining healthy and vibrant communities.
It is important that these groups maintain their own financial health in order to provide the necessary services on which the community depends. We offer a variety of accounting and financial reporting services specifically designed to help your charity or community group maintain proper stewardship of your assets and monitor your financial results.
- Year-end Financial Reporting (audit, review, Notice to Reader)
- Preparation of annual Registered Charity return
- Preparation of Not-For-Profit Information Returns
- Preparation of GST/HST Public Sector rebate returns
- Calculation of payroll remittances
- Preparation of T4 slips
- Assistance with funding applications
- Review of governance and internal control systems
- Bookkeeping and accounting support
Many not-for-profit groups find it very important to have their financial statements prepared by an external account as this provides a measure of credibility and reliability to the organizations results. We offer a full range of financial reporting services including full audits, reviews and preparation of unaudited "Notice to Reader" financial statements, depending on your requirements. We will meet with your Board to go over the financial statement results and offer advice and recommendations on ways to improve governance and financial accountability.
We serve a large number of not-for-profit groups, both big and small.
Some of our not-for-profit clients include the following:
- Food banks
- Sport and recreation clubs
- Nursing homes/Homes for Special Care
- Community Associations
- Volunteer Fire Departments
- Business Associations and Trade Unions
- Environmental/Nature conservation groups
We are a Registered Municipal Auditor and provide audit services for governments and government agencies including Municipal governments, school boards and municipal condominium corporations.
Many not-for-profit organizations are registered charities which are able to issue official tax receipts for charitable donations. Not every not-for-profit group is a Registered Charity.For more information on becoming a Registered Charity, visit the Canadian Revenue Agency website at CRA- Registered Charities.
Canada Revenue Agency maintains a current list of all Canadian Registered Charities and their financial activities. Click here for more details.
Ask us how we can help your non-profit group or charity today.